- The usage of include files allows for structured programming. Individual sections can be written and included in every page, such as header, menu, footer etc. Changing an include file will change all pages on the web site
- ASP also allows the usage of VBScript for definitions of variables and functions for usage throughout the web site. Escpecially functions are handy if similar HTML code is used over and over again. A simple function will reduce the amount of coding.
- ASP also allows us to write to the file system which is handy in case of logging information.
Some of the features of using jQuery and jQuery UI are:
- Easy manipulation of HTML code such as hiding sections or adding CSS classes. There is an abundance of functions available, and there is a section on the web site with some examples and references
- Using jQuery UI allows you to use a number of build-in utilities (popup windows, calendar, buttons and much, much more)
- And, there are jQuery utilities for pretty much anything you can think of, from countdown counters to slideshows and menus and much, much more.
Last but not least, these sites can be maintained using a plain text/HTML editor.